Reputational damage is one of the primary impacts of a privacy or security incident, and often translates into adverse share price impacts and can even result in executive job losses.
In a deteriorating threat landscape, organisations increasingly must be prepared for the likelihood of a data breach or cyber security incident. The complex nature of cyber security and the community’s growing sensitivity to privacy issues demands a highly specialised approach to publicly handling breach incidents. This need has been further heightened by the introduction of mandatory data breach reporting in February 2018.
Our client is a market leading Australian brand. We developed a privacy and cyber security media response guide and ran workshops to prepare the organisation and its senior executives for this critical aspect of their breach management. operations. This led to the development of communications plan, featuring key messages and holding statements for likely scenarios. We worked 1:1 with internal media representatives to coach and bolster internal capability.
elevenM carried out the following activities:
- A current state review of communications plans against likely incident scenarios
- Development of a media response preparedness guide
- Ran workshops and simulations
- Development of a communications toolkit, including key messages and holding statements
- Coaching general media and communications staff on breach response